DEK-KING Green Product Award
Practical Boat Owner, the UK's biggest selling boating magazine, awarded the Highly Commended Award to our Decking manufacturers.
The awards aim to recognise marine businesses and individuals who have taken steps to reduce the environmental impact of leisure boating and make industry more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
The winners in the four categories - Product, Boat and boatbuilder, Service and Campaign - were selected by the editorial staff of PBO.
Green Policy - sustainability and our commitments
What is our manufacturer doing to be a more responsible company and what does this mean for our day-to-day business?
Finding ways to protect the world around us
Our manufactuer is responsible for protecting and safeguarding the environment in which we operate. They don’t just utter reassuring words about the environment. They take positive steps to reduce the environmental impact of what they do.
The objectives are to:
- consume fewer resources – including energy
- prevent pollution of air and water
- eliminate polluting emissions to the workplace and external environment
- minimise, re-use, recover and recycle waste wherever possible
- consider the environmental effects of raw materials and their sourcing
- encourage sound health, safety and environmental practices by suppliers, sub-contractors and customers